Now is the time here to come to the aid of
In the name of various nations we see “STAN”
What does stan mean in the language of these countries?
Answer: stan is a suffix that means “country.” It is an ancient Persian or Farsi word for country.
This much information should give the student a hint as to the names of several so-named countries right off the bat. But what are all of them?
ANSWER: THERE ARE 7 COUNTRIES WITH “STAN” INCORPORATED IN THEIR NAMES:
- AFGHANISTAN Suggested task for your Homeschool students:
- KAZAKHSTAN Determine the following:
- KYRGYZSTAN A. Pronunciation
- PAKISTAN B. Find the location
- TAJIKISTAN C. Size
- TURKMENISTAN D. Population
- UZBEKISTAN E. Important product F. An unique fact about each nation
This is the flag of one of
Which one is it?